Posted on 09-30-2016
The Importance of Annual Eye Exams in Philadelphia
Do you know why our Philadelphia eye doctor wants to see you once a year? Annual eye care protects your vision and eye health and is important for the following reasons.
Why Have an Annual Vision Care Exam in Our Philadelphia Optometry Clinics?
- It could protect your overall health - Eye doctors often spot signs of chronic health conditions such as heart disease or diabetes. Thus, coming in to have your eyes checked could positively affect your overall health.
- Early detection of eye disease is critical - Diseases affecting the eyes benefit from regular optometry exams, because conditions are easier (and cheaper) to treat when found early. If you know you have a family history of diabetes, macular degeneration, cataracts, or other eye conditions, we urge you to have regular optometry checkups. Even if you have no family history of eye diseases, many eye problems have no initial symptoms. The only way to protect your eye health is through a regular eye exam.
- We can preserve your vision - When we find evidence of an eye condition and begin treatment early, we are able to keep your eyes functioning properly for longer than if we found the condition later. You only have one pair of eyes, so if you value your sight, see us once a year to make sure they're healthy.
- Improve your ability to learn and focus - You might think your eyes can see clearly, but many school-aged children and adults have an uncorrected visual problem. A vision screening offered by a school nurse or the Philadelphia Department of Motor Vehicles is no substitute for a real eye exam.
- You save money - If you needed another reason to see us regularly, know that it saves money in the long run!
Schedule With Our Eye Doctors at either our Northern Liberties or near Temple University Locations
Make an appointment at one of our two Philadelphia eye doctor locations. If you are new to our optometrists' practice, you can take 10 percent off your first eye exams, contact lenses, and frames. To see us in Northern Liberties, call 215-554-6222. For our optometrists near Temple University, call (215) 866-1742.