Dry eyes can affect your eyes in a multitude of ways, causing symptoms such as redness, itching and excessive tearing. We are happy to evaluate you for your dry eye symptoms. Dry eyes can be a result of decreased tears, decreased oils, inflammation in and around your eyes and lids, and allergies.
Our best approach to treating dry eyes:
- Increase tears: lid treatment and punctal plugs, warm compress mask, Optilight
- Increase oils: meibomian gland evaluation and expression, medication, Optilight
- Reduce inflammation: Optilight
What is Optilight?
The first and only IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) procedure that is FDA-approved for dry eye management.
This treatment has been shown in many studies to significantly relieve dry eye indicators and has a multi-factorial effect, including:
- Improving oil production and volume of the meibomian glands
- Increasing tear break-up time
- Reducing bacterial load and demodex (mites) population living around your eyes
- Eliminating superficial blood vessels that contribute to ocular inflammation